Thursday, April 29, 2010

"This is my Fiancee..."

Hey everyone, this is Kelvin; as you most likely figured out by the title.
So I know you want the story of of the proposal. It is on facebook with pictures, but here it is again.

So Kara came up to Provo Wednesday night (the 21th of April) and I was able to get the ring Tuesday afternoon by a miracle that the Jeweler had the ring, and several other small helps (thanks Dylan and Emma!!!). I talked to Kara's mom that night, and asked if Alan, Kara's dad, could be there to take pictures. As a retired Army Helicopter Pilot, he hid himself very well (like I was looking for him and couldn't find him anywhere). Having the ring posed a great caution to all of my friends as we couldn't give this surprise away. Kara knew that I was going to get the ring, but not that soon. I also convinced her that we would stop at the St. George Temple on our weekend trip to California to visit my family, and wait there for her family then go out to dinner.
As a younger girl, Kara wanted to be proposed to on the corner of the temple lot in St. George where there is a beautiful sitting area surrounded by roses. I got that information from my sister who got it from Kara's sister. So we walked around the temple the long way as to not find her dad. I was carrying my scripture case, which disguised the ring (Kara even held my case for a bit and didn't notice anything different).

We got to the spot and cuddled and talked for a minute or two. I texted her dad to find out where he was. I got the promt reply, "GO FOR IT!". So I leaned over, grabbed the ring, got down on one knee and said, "Kara Lynn Maschek, will you marry me?!" And a robust, "YES!!!!! =)" came from her beaming face (and yes, she did say it just like that; with a smiley and everything!)

We saw her family a minute later as they came around the corner and all wanted to see the ring of course! then we continued our trip to my house after a succulent dinner at Outback.
So then being in So-Cal, we had a lot of time on our hands and were still busy with talking wedding stuff with my mom and meeting JJ and McKenna at Newport... there was little time for much else. We had a wonderful time of relaxing... until Sunday.
So I have been in the same ward since I was 3. I know everyone and they all know me. Due to the mouth that is my mother, the whole ward knew that we were engaged. But now we were there and I was not looking forward to introductions and stuff. We got through sacrament and almost through sunday school. At the very end of sunday school, the teacher (who I had home taught with my dad for years) called my name as if asking me to read something to finished wrapping up the class. He asked me introduce the pretty young girl that was next to me. We both stood up, clutching each others hands and already x-times shades of red! "This is my fiancee Kara", I said. I don't remember what else I said, but I do remember sweating. The teacher then gave his testimony finished... what torture!!! To wait til the end like that! We left to put something in the car very quickly!!!! But after that, things were fine and a lot of my ward tracked us down afterward to give there congrats.
And that was the weekend of me (pronounce 'may'), my family and my fiancee.

No comments:

Post a Comment