Toward the end of summer, I got a job babysitting some of the cutest and most energetic children on the face of the planet. Meet Jack.
He is four years old and has a fascination with bugs, bikes, and my car. I am now his favorite babysitter because I taught him how to open the hood.
This is Sabrina. She's two and all girl. Her favorite things to do are go through my purse and steal my shoes.
Neither one of them share my favorite babysitting pastime which is building epic train tracks using every piece of the train set.
They do, however, find joy in taking it apart as quickly as I can put it up...
In July, my family decided to take a "staycation" rather than a vacation. We went to the Santa Monica pier which marks the end of Route 66.
It is also the place where they filmed a piece of the Hannah Montana Movie.
We then traveled to Venice Beach. I can now say I've been there which is cool... but if you ever don't know what to do with your afternoon when you're vacationing in CA, Venice Beach is not the place to go... unless you want to be offered "medical marajuana", and get flyers for questionable night clubs. Yeah. We had our parents pick us up on the next block.
Next, we headed to Hollywood, home of the Kodak Theatre,
The Walk of Fame (yes, the Munchkins have a star!),
Grauman's Chinese Theater (Harry, Ron and Hermione all have really small hands, in case you were wondering),
And this wonderful place, Ripley's Odditorium, which I have yet to explore but definitely will at some point in my life.
While I was there, I won an Oscar.... Fine. Not really. But it could happen someday.
One of my very favorite parts of the summer was when some of our beloved friends came down for Kelvin and Kara's CA reception! I'm thinking that all of you should come next summer :)
Good plan, huh?
You carry shoes in your purse?
ReplyDeleteI've rubbed off on her. That is one proud thing I can say I've taught her. The power of shoes.
ReplyDelete